Let's say the software company is chosen. The question is what to do next? Let's work it out in detail through examples.
It seems that software and app development is only about coding. Indeed, the development process starts long before the programming step, inside a client's head. The more elaborated the idea is, the sooner developers can begin working on the project. At the same step, the questions for a software development company should be thought over. For example:
- In what spheres did the company work before? Who were the clients?
- Has the IT company ever worked on similar projects? Did the end product meet all expectations? Did it succeed?
- How much will the project cost?
- How long will the development process take?
- What does the soft development process look like? Is the IT company ready to coordinate the results at every step?
One more thing to be discussed before the start is technicalities. This step is important regarding long-term work. Among these questions could be:
- Will the soft work on iOS, Android, or both platforms? Will the solution be cloud-based, cross-platform, or of some other type?
- What technologies ought to be applied?
- Do you have any programming language preferences?
- Does the IT company provide tech support after the project release?
- What are your design preferences?
- Does the IT company provide the source code?
In the second step, we as an IT company join the process. It's the first step for IT experts and the second for a client. The aim is to help you formulate the statement of work.
The analysts study your needs, the idea of the project, the market, and competitors. Next, they identify the functions of the future product, gather the development team to initially assess the project.